CUHKAAO Hiking Group
Poison Ivy is common along trail edges. For your protection, please wear long pants. Insect repellents are also recommended. Please also note that there is no washroom facility in the conservation area.
The hike will begin promptly at 9:30 a.m. Please arrive at the assembly point 15 minutes before start time.
Date: 22nd August, 2015 (Saturday)
Start time: 9:30 a.m.
Duration of hike: approximately 2.5 hours
Assembly point: Palgrave Forest and Wildlife Area, Palgrave, Caledon
Parking Lot off Hwy 50
(GPS: 43o 57’ 17.7” N, 79o 50’ 39.8” W)
Registration: Please e-mail Peter Li (李 斌) at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide him with the names, e-mail address, cell phone number, college and year of graduation of the participant(s). Please also submit, electronically, a completed and signed waiver form for each participant if you have not done so for the previous hike.
What to wear: hiking boots, hat, comfortable clothes, rain gears (if necessary).
What to bring: sun screen, drinking water, energy bar and snacks, sunglasses, insect repellent, walking stick (optional)
Important Registration Notice
In order to give the hiking leader responsible for registration ample time to make up the hikers list, please register for the hike before 7:00 p.m. on 21st August 2015 (Friday). If you register too late, your name will not be included in the hikers list, and the hiking leaders will be unaware that you are coming to the hike. Your co-operation in this matter is greatly appreciated.
The assembly point is at the Trail Head at Palgrave Forest and Wildlife Area Parking lot off Hwy 50. The entrance to the parking lot is 2.4 km south of Hwy 9 and immediately north of the business area of Palgrave. Coming from the east, you can go west on Hwy 9 to Hwy 50 and then go south on Hwy 50 to the park entrance. Alternatively, you can take an east-west route to Hwy 50 and then go north on Hwy 50 to Palgrave. Please consult the Google map provided below to find a driving route most convenient to you.
From the east Via Hwy 9 and Hwy 50 (southbound)
1. Take a convenient North bound highway to Hwy 9. (For example: Hwy 404 North, Hwy 400 North, Hwy 27 North)
2. Go west on Hwy 9 to Hwy 50. (Hwy 50 is 23.4 km from Hwy 400, 16.0 km from Hwy 27 and 1.6 km from Mount Hope Road. There are traffic lights at the intersection.)
3. Turn left (south) onto Hwy 50 and travel for 2.4 km to the entrance of Palgrave Forest and Wildlife Area parking lot on your right. (See picture of parking entrance below.)
4. Turn right into the parking lot, park your car and report your arrival to the hiking leader.
Via Hwy 50 (northbound)
1. Take any convenient east-west route to Hwy 50. (For example: Hwy 7, King Road, Rutherford Road)
2. Go north on Hwy 50 toward Palgrave, Caledon.
3. After passing Old Church Road, continue driving for 2.1 km, you will see the sign for the community of Palgrave.
4. Continue to drive for another 2.6 km to the Palgrave Forest and Wildlife Area on your left. (You will drive pass the business area of Palgrave, and soon after that you will see the sign of the Palgrave Forest and Wildlife Area on your left.)
5. Turn left into the parking lot, park your car and report your arrival to the hiking leader.
(See picture of parking entrance below.)
Parking Lot entrance as seen from Hwy 50 Southbound Lane Sign at the entrance of Parking Lot
Parking Lot entrance as seen from Hwy 50 Northbound Lane Palgrave Forest and Wildlife Area Parking Lot
Trail Map and additional information
Please go to the following webpage for a printable trail map.
Please click the following link for a road map to Palgrave Forest and Wildlife Area.